This is the front of the house and it is very grand with large pillars. The tall, imposing door was just creaking open as I took this photograph. I thought it might have been a ghost of the past going to haunt someone!
At the entrance to the park are two black iron gates. Both of them are HUGE, but one is much larger than the other. The larger one was for the rich people who owned the Country house and their guests; the smaller gate was for servants. We entered the park through the smaller gate.
I really liked the Victorian walled garden. It was full of flowers, herbs and an assortment of fruit and vegetables. The apples were growing on the wall because the wall heats up, it heats up because of the sun.
The Walled Garden was there because you could get better quality fruit and vegetables for the rich people of the hall by growing it yourself.


No comments:
Post a Comment