We have just come home from our holiday in Ireland. We had a BRILLIANT time!!!
These are some of the activities that we did:
Donkey Walking
We had a Donkey called John Willis, he was very cheeky! He once stole a ginger biscuit! We also had a donkey called Genna who we could ride on.We learnt how to brush them. It was great.
Horse Riding
This was for me and Iola to do. First we met our horses: they were very cute. Mine was called Stormy. We brushed them and picked out their hooves. Then we saddled them up. After that I led mine to the school. We mounted and set off. We went on a trek for two hours through the forest. It was amazing.
Canoeing
This was when we had two Canadian Canoes. Iola, Mummy and Daddy went in a canoe together and I went with the instructor. He was very interesting so we had loads of fun. While I was paddling he taught me a new stroke and a easier way to paddle. We went out for about 2 hours and explored the Isle of Inisfree and the mouth of the river Bonnet. At the end we both stood up while paddling.It was fantastic.
Castles
While we were in Ireland we visited a lot of castles. These included Dunguaire castle at Kinvarra, where there was a medieval banqueting hall and amazing views over the sea; Portumna Castle, where I particularly like the walled Victorian garden where they grew basically all fruits, veg, and herbs; Athenry Castle, which Iola and I loved running around in; and another castle which was really a Norman Tower hidden in the woods.
Overall it was a GREAT holiday!

This is lovely Maya grandad and I are really proud of you. Keep it up as we enjoy reading all about the victorians and find it very interesting.
ReplyDelete