Monday, 22 August 2011

Studying Victorians

At the moment, I am studying Victorians as part of my home schooling. I will start school again when we move to America.
I am interested in Victorians because I think that was the time when a lot of things changed. For example, Christmas cards were introduced and steam trains were made and children started to be able to go to school even if they were poor.
At the moment I am doing my research on the internet. I have found two really helpful websites. I am writing my information on word or in a blue note book.

I want to write a Victorian diary with recipes, record an interview with me as the Victorian child and map statues of Queen Victoria from all over Newcastle

7 comments:

  1. Wow Maya! That's fab, I have a question to ask but I'll type it when I figure how to post a comment!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fab, fifth time lucky!
    You have learnt so much already! Would you be kind enough to post the website addresses for the websites you have been using? We teach the Victorians at my school, and it would be great to who these to the children.
    Juliet x
    (You don't know me, but I knew your mummy when she was your age! :-) )

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry, should have read show, not who!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The addresses are http://www.bbc.co.uk/schools/primaryhistory/victorian_britain

    and

    http://www.woodlands-junior.kent.sch.uk/Homework/victorians/children/working.htm

    ReplyDelete
  5. WONDERFUL!!! I love hearing what you are doing Maya, the next best thing to talking with you in person. I have passed your blog address on to Mary - she's quite interested in Victorian times as well, think she had a great book about their houses.
    til later,
    Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you so much Maya, the Woodlands one is great! x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow Maya
    You have been busy. I love the Victorians because I used to live in a very big Victorian house and where we live now was first owned by a Victorian rope maker. So we can have lots of fun looking at this together.

    ReplyDelete